Sunday, September 14, 2008

Spectacular Sunday the 14th of 2008

So today was a pretty fun day, the day started out with a brunch with The Atheist and Agnostic Society this morning around 11. Dr. Avalos Was in attendance today. One thing we discussed was the upcoming debate that he is going to have about whether or not gay rights should prevail over traditional biblical values. He hopes that it will fill the entire sun room (a medium-sized room in what we call the memorial union at my university). I think the debate should be a hands-down when her especially given that Hector thinks he's going to give a constitutional argument saying that since gay rights aren't in the Constitution the bill for they don't have those rights. I would like him to show me where in the Constitution is that the right to marry heterosexually is in the Constitution.

After we came home we took a nap for about an hour. When we woke up we caught the bus on campus and went around to each building that we could and put up flyers for the debate.

We then came home we ate some spaghetti afterward we listened to an episode of both the skeptics guide to the universe and the geologic podcast. When that was over I had to go to supplemental instruction for biology.

At supplemental instruction I seemed to get it the most and again I asked the supplemental instructor a question to which she didn't know the answer to.

I posted something on both the atheist and agnostic society Google group page and a few forums such as the jref , sgu and CFI's about what I can do to promote skepticism at my university and if the atheist and agnostic society wants to do some skeptical things.

Mo I have biology, social psychology, research methods and then work, in other words a typical Monday.

well that's all for today,
Zach

No comments: